INGRIDENTS FOR NIGERIAN FRIED RICE.
1. 300g of long grain Rice
2. Mixed Veges ( chopped carrots , peas, chopped red and yellow bell peppers, Sweet corn)
3. Fried sliced sausages (optional)
4. Cooking oil
5. Dried Herbs ( parsely, basil)
6. Seasoings ( Maggie, Onga , dried pepper , curry )
7. Soya Sauce
8. Dried ginger and garlic.
METHOD OF COOKING FRIED RICE.
1. Place a pot with water on medium high heat , the water should be enough to cover the rice completely when poured inside. Allow water to come to a boil for 7mins.
2. Wash rice with cold water and pour inside the pot of water . Add a tablespoon of each dried herbs, 2 tablespoons of curry powder and a pinch of salt , Cover the pot and let the rice cook for 20-25mins.
3. Wash the rice under running cold water in the sink, cover and keep aside.
4. Place a frying pan or wok on medium high heat. Add 1-2 cooking spoons of oil, chopped Veges and sauté for 7-10 mins.
5. While Veges are sautéing add 2 tablespoons of curry , 2 teaspoons of soya sauce , dried pepper , a pinch of ginger , garlic, and add the fried Sausages .
6.Place a pot on medium high heat, add 2 cooking spoons of oil and add the rice bits by bits and toss in the pot.
7. Add the sautéed vege mixture on top of the rice and toss it together with the rice and let it steam for 5-7 mins.
8. Your Fried Rice is ready! Enjoy with either grilled or peppered chicken, I made mine with grill chicken.