INGREDIENTS FOR MASA
1. 2 Cups of Raw Rice.
2. 1/2 cup of cooked Rice.
3. 1 sachet of Yeast .
4. 1 tablespoon of dissolved Potash (A'Kanwa).
5. 1/2 cup of Sugar .
6. 1 teaspoon of Salt.
7. 1 whole egg.
METHOD FOR MASA .
1. Soak 2 cups of washed rice in a warm water for 8 hours , preferably over night.
2. In a bowl add Potash, yeast , sugar in warm water .
3. Cover sugar mixture and place in a warm place for 15 minutes ( until foams).
4. Drain soaked rice and blend together with sugar mixture and cooked rice until smooth batter.
5. Add whisked egg into the batter.
6. Cover batter and place in a warm place for 4 hours ( until it rises) .
7. Place a pan on medium high heat with 2 teaspoons of sunflower oil.
8. Pour 1 cooking spoon of batter in pan and fry until brown on each side and cooked through.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE SOUP.
1. 2 Packets of Spinach.
2. 2 cooking spoons of Palm oil.
3. Cooked meat of choice.
4. 3 cooking spoons of blended paprika , tomatoes and scotch bonnet.
5. Seasonings ( Onga, salt and black pepper).
6. 1 teaspoon of Iru ( dadawa).
METHOD FOR MIYA ( Waterless Vegetable soup).
1. Place a cooking pot on medium high heat .
2. Pour in palm oil and mixture of paprika , tomato and scotch bonnet keep stirring occasionally for 7 minutes.
3. Add meat of choice and fry for 3 minutes .
4. Add Iru and seasonings.
5. Add washed spinach , cover pot and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Miya for Masa is all done.
When you try this recipe please feel free to give me your feedback. Thank you X!